Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest!

Embee decided that today was the day he would mend the fence panel that broke in the heavy winds a week ago. He gave me warning that I would need to be there to help. Fair enough, however I have learned from bitter experience that I am expected to know exactly what is needed without clear instructions. When I get it wrong which, of course, I invariably do, I then get shouted at. Today I managed quite well and only did two things wrong. Now if you were told to take two bricks down to the fence would you think about measuring them to have them the exact same size!Once in place I can see why this was important. That's the other thing I failed to do properly first time. Silly me for placing the bricks the wrong way under the fence. Holes drilled and screws in place so far so good. Oh and in case you think all I was doing is taking pictures -you would be wrong! I was the poor soul with a bent back holding the batten in place while all the holes were drilled.My mother decided she would come out and watch the proceedings.Before taking away the brick I pointed the camera under the fence for an I-spy photo!It was then time to take a well earned rest while 'someone' brought out the coffee.
Then himself decided to do a bit of pruning at the front of the house, and I did some border weeding at the back. So a good day all round. Hope whatever you are doing, that you are having a pleasant day.

Archives:
2007: Sh** Saturday

Labels: , , , ,

19 Comments:

At 15/3/09 16:36, Blogger Sam said...

for once you are having better weather than we are. It's drizzly here and I wanted to go out and get some fresh air :(

 
At 15/3/09 16:39, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sam I can't believe we have it better than you. Mind I expect you would still find it cold, even though we thought it quite warm in the sun.

 
At 15/3/09 16:50, Blogger D.D. said...

Supergran
It must have been a great Sunday for you and I notice the sun has been friendly to you too. :D

 
At 15/3/09 17:10, Blogger kitten said...

I wish I could get outside and work, but our weather doesn't permit that yet.
Glad you only made 2 mistakes. I would have made more.

 
At 15/3/09 17:22, Blogger Unknown said...

You busy bees! We have our first frogspawn!

 
At 15/3/09 17:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I have learned from bitter experience that I am expected to know exactly what is needed without clear instructions" Same here!

Congrats on your accomplishments. Glad you had nice weather.

 
At 15/3/09 17:41, Blogger ChrisB said...

DD the sun was lovely.

john hope you are feeling better.

kila :)

 
At 15/3/09 17:42, Blogger ChrisB said...

Kitten I got off lightly today.

 
At 15/3/09 22:15, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Oh we had a beautiful sunny spring like day here today to..... I was even in the garden this morning in must me T-shirt, well and jeans of course lol...... good job on the fence.... I would of ripped the bugger out and gone to B&Q and bought a new panel lol wouldnt of thought of mending it.....

x

 
At 15/3/09 22:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish we could have been out doing work in the yard - but the rain came in over night and it has been a downpour all day long.

 
At 16/3/09 02:19, Blogger Pamela said...

I have a little work needed on our back gate.. ahem... hmmm.

 
At 16/3/09 12:19, Blogger wendishness said...

I'm glad to see that you've got some sun to finally enjoy though judging from the clothes, it's obviously still a bit chilly.

 
At 16/3/09 16:20, Blogger ChrisB said...

Pamela if you give board to your workers it could be arranged!;)

wendy embee does feel colder than moi. I read in th epaper that lots of people headed for the coast yesterday and I think today is even warmer. By Thurs apparently the cold weather will return.

 
At 16/3/09 20:33, Blogger Steffi said...

Oh you had really nice sunday weather and good for work in the garden!Here we had not so nice weather...grey sky and rainy!

 
At 16/3/09 21:13, Blogger karisma said...

LOL! Embee sounds like someone I know. I bow down to your patience, I seem to have lost mine somewhere down the line. If I am in a bad mood I yell right back and walk off to leave him to it. If Im in a good mood I stick out my tongue and blow a rasberry at him! Im so mature like that! Yes I am!

 
At 16/3/09 21:43, Blogger ChrisB said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 16/3/09 21:45, Blogger ChrisB said...

Karisma I also do the tongue poking usually behind his back LOL.

 
At 17/3/09 15:17, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

If one must spend a day, any day, doing chores, it looks like a great day to be doing them.

 
At 19/3/09 11:47, Blogger Barbara said...

Chris it looks like a nice garden to sit in on a sunny day. Living in a high rise I do miss having a garden. Many days we take a picnic lunch across the road to the park so we do feel as if we are in the garden, but without the work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home