Saturday, April 25, 2009

The closest I'll get to backpacking.

I decided that rather than take my usual cabin bag or small case on wheels that a rucksack would be more use once I was in China. So, this morning, I took Embee with me to the local Snow & Rock store, which is less than a mile from where we live. I wanted him to make sure I got the right size and this is what he bought me. It's maybe not quite as big as I anticipated but it's certainly very comfortable when empty. Now all I have to do is pack it and see how it feels with some weight in it. If necessary I can change it tomorrow- that's what the guy in the shop suggested. I love that shop.

The other thing that happened today is that I got an email from Sam saying that she has booked a flight to come and see us in August. She was able to get an upper class seat with her air miles, such luxury I've never experienced, but I'm glad she'll have a comfortable flight.

Sam wants to do something exciting while she's here! I'm not quite sure what she considers exciting, but I'm sure we will work something out. However, there's not enough time to plan anything until I come back from this holiday. While I'm away she and Beccy can have a think and come up with some suggestions. Oh and Beccy, if you read this the memory card and stick arrived, so I have plenty of space for photos.

Archives:
2008: What kind of music are you?
2007: Witty Wednesday-4 What's the problem Eve

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 25/4/09 15:30, Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy yourselves! xx

 
At 25/4/09 15:49, Blogger ChrisB said...

thanks John.

 
At 25/4/09 19:47, Anonymous daffy said...

Could I get in there perhaps? No? I'm only 10 stone.. give or take 7 pounds!
I'm excited for you!

 
At 25/4/09 22:23, Blogger Sam said...

woo hoo!

 
At 26/4/09 03:08, Blogger willowtree said...

I'm a daypack kinda guy too, so I know it will work just fine. It's starting to get exciting!!!

 
At 26/4/09 04:59, Blogger Siobhan said...

Looks like a great one, I bet you'll have a great time. So exciting, wish I was off somewhere soon!!

 
At 26/4/09 12:26, Blogger karisma said...

Traveling light is the way to go! Ooooh how exciting, I was just wishing I could sneak in there and come along too! But since I have gotten so fat lately, I don't think its gonna happen! LOL!

 
At 26/4/09 16:21, Blogger Beccy said...

'I wanted him to make sure I got the right size' is mum code for 'he'll buy it for me if I take him'!

 
At 26/4/09 20:58, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

You must be getting very excited!! I think a backpack is a perfect idea.

 
At 27/4/09 06:44, Blogger ChrisB said...

Karmyn it's amazing how quickly it fills!

 
At 28/4/09 17:58, Blogger Steffi said...

Nice backpack!Enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home