Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy St Georges Day.

Happy St. George's Day
Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

I personally think we should do more in this country to mark this day.

I just had to share the pictures below. This cute little dog belongs to my hairdresser. His name is Eric, he's about five months old and he is adorable. I took this as I arrived at her house yesterday-he really wanted me to stay in the garden and play with him. He is now almost full grown and I'm useless with breeds so I've forgotten what he is but I'm sure someone will be able to tell me.

Just look at that face and those eyes...I almost want another dog ...tempted...but then I remember all the attention they need and realise it would not be sensible. So I'll just go on enjoying the occasional cuddle with Eric and read other people's bloggy doggy stories and see their pictures.

Archives:
2008: Happy St George's Day on Witty Wednesday
2007: Fun Mon-14 Isn't every day a bad hair day + Happy St George's Day

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 23/4/09 10:48, Blogger Beccy said...

Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George! Can you explain the meaning behing these words please?

 
At 23/4/09 12:09, Blogger willowtree said...

Got me buggered! Looks like some kind of terrier.

Beccy you'd have to ask Shakespeare, he's the one who wrote it, it's from Henry V.

 
At 23/4/09 12:43, Blogger FH said...

Cute dog. Yes, it's having another child to have a pet dog these days, need both time and money too.

 
At 23/4/09 16:41, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy it's as WT said. I did use the same quote last year-so thought you might remember it! It's also Shakespeare's birthday today.

WT he's a bit like a Lhasa Apso!

Asha I suppose I could find the time but not the money(couldn't go away though)!

 
At 23/4/09 17:32, Anonymous Grannymar said...

Enjoy the day. How do you celibrate it?

 
At 23/4/09 17:47, Blogger ChrisB said...

Grannymar sadly not a lot is done to formally celebrate. You do see a few flags flying and some people wear a red rose. When my girls were growing up there was always a church parade (my girls were in the guides).

 
At 23/4/09 18:46, Anonymous daffy said...

Happy St George's day! I've had my flag flying on my car wing mirror all day! We also some chaps all dressed up in suits, with red roses in the lapel and union Jack hats on! They looked swell!
Very cute dog... it's those eyes...

 
At 23/4/09 18:47, Anonymous Swampy said...

I thought it was Happy St. Swampwitch Day !
Cute cat !

 
At 23/4/09 19:30, Blogger Pamela said...

darn cute. If I ever get a dog it will be a miniature schnauzer.

I'm with you on dog ownership. I love dogs, but for some reason I can't deal with the stress of caring for one in the present. I'd probably change my mind and kick myself for waiting so long once I get one.

 
At 24/4/09 06:45, Blogger Steffi said...

Enjoy the day. Happy St.george Day!

 
At 24/4/09 17:13, Blogger karisma said...

Oh cute as he is, Im looking at him and thinking "grooming" to much hard work! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home