Saturday, April 18, 2009

The visit is over


Anyone who read my post on Wednesday will know that I've had my grandson and his girlfriend staying for a couple of days. They came specifically to see 'Deathstars' a Swedish band perform. This band would not be my cup of tea but I gather they were very good and as D & R enjoyed the performance that's what counts.
While they were here they had a look around Bristol and did some shopping. In this picture, that I took as I dropped them off at the airport this morning, they are wearing new jackets; not that you can really see them clearly. They were delighted at how cheap things were compared to Ireland. Roisin bought a new pair of Doc Marten boots. As I said goodbye at the airport earlier this morning- I got the impression they might be visiting us again...so I think that means that they enjoyed themselves and we really enjoyed having them to stay.

Archives:
2008: Project Looking Through-1
2007: What's happening to the World + Witty Wednesday-3 21st Century Thinking

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 18/4/09 10:30, Blogger Beccy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing them and their new purchases!

 
At 18/4/09 12:25, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

They're a cute couple. I remember D2 wearing Doc Martens.

 
At 18/4/09 12:40, Blogger Beccy said...

Are you aware your clock shows the wrong time?

 
At 18/4/09 13:58, Blogger cynicalgirl said...

Gotta love those boots!

 
At 18/4/09 16:00, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

They look like a hip couple. (hipper than I ever was or will be)

 
At 18/4/09 16:03, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy I had forgotten about changing this clock all done now. Glad you reminded me.

AC Beccy had a purple pair that she loved.

Karen I think they appeal to these two-me I'm more conventional (ot you could say plain old fashioned)LOL.

 
At 18/4/09 16:12, Blogger ChrisB said...

Karmyn I think I was repressed as a teenager. My father was so strict and would never allow me to be trendy. I think subconsciously this has affected my dress sense (or lack of LOL)

 
At 18/4/09 20:13, Blogger kitten said...

I'm glad you had a great visit!

 
At 18/4/09 22:36, Anonymous daffy said...

Loving the boots! I can see myself in them... ;o)
Grandmas are special! My daughter would move in with hers if she could!

 
At 20/4/09 07:17, Blogger Steffi said...

Great boots!

D & R looks cute!I am sure they had a nice time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home