Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tom on the prowl + Worm Update

One of my plurk pals wanted to see the tortoises and my worms after I mentioned them in a post. So I decided a short video might be the answer. Tom was charging around, I suspect looking for the ladies, but they were safely surveying him from the comfort of their house.



The worms are look healthy and I have have just added another tray, so I hope they will migrate upwards. It has taken a long time but the earth in the bottom tray is looking back and rich (although does not appear that way in this picture). This suggests they are doing their job. I don't think we are ever going to produce enough compost for the whole garden but even a little helps!I might even get to sit in the garden today as it's lovely and sunny.

Archives:
2008: Super Hero
2007: Quick and Tasty

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 24/5/09 17:51, Blogger Unknown said...

He's a right speed merchant!

 
At 25/5/09 00:49, Blogger A Spot of T said...

I've been lurking for too long. I'm going to sound really goofy here but I had no idea turtles could move that fast?? I'm not saying he's speedy or anything, but he was moving much faster then I ever thought a turtle could move. So interesting. And the worms? Love it! Something else I'm fascinated by and I love when you show their progress.

 
At 25/5/09 07:01, Blogger Pamela said...

whew... he was chasing the hare for sure in that race!

hey... you should video the worms, too ha ha

 
At 25/5/09 20:40, Blogger Lisa said...

How adorable is that?!

I must say, I admire your dedication to composting. I hope you reap great dividends.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I shouldn't neglect my inspiration (YOU) for blogging in the first place, so I hope you'll accept my apology for not stopping by in forever. I need to give up my addiction to FB. It's become quite an obsession.

Have a great Memorial Day!

Lisa

 
At 25/5/09 21:00, Blogger ChrisB said...

Joy they are really very fast- Tom must cover a lot of distance in the course of a day.

Pamela you never know I might just try that LOL.

Lisa I don't have a FB account for that very reason. I do a lot more lurking than I do commenting these days-so absolutely no need to apologise. It's just lovely to see anyone who drops by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home