Saturday, June 27, 2009

Loganberry Jam



Today I picked a couple of pounds of loganberries (from our garden) and on the spur of the moment decided to make some jam. Where does one go to get a recipe...why google of course and I was spoiled for choice. They were all very similar so I opted for one that came from 'Old Australian Food Recipes' mainly because it was so simple.

Loganberry Jam:

Ingredients:

1 1b. loganberries,
1 1b. sugar (I used a few ounces less sugar as I didn't want it too sweet)

Method:
Pick berries over, removing any stalks, weigh, then wash very gently, place in preserving pan, crushing a few to draw sufficient juice before cooking, bring slowly to boil and cook 10 to 15 minutes, add sugar, boil rapidly till a little will set when tested on a saucer, pour into hot jars and seal.

I did actually over cook it because I was chatting to my daughter on the phone but it still tasted just fine to me.


Archives:
2008: Postcard from the Algarve
2007: I'm off on holiday today + Witty Wednesday-11

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 28/6/09 21:42, Blogger Beccy said...

Looks delicious and in my defence I did offer to hang up more than once!

 
At 29/6/09 00:50, Blogger willowtree said...

Yeah, Old Australians to tend to be pretty simple.

 
At 29/6/09 02:08, Blogger Pamela said...

making my mouth water.
I had rhubarb and ginger jelly at Karmyn's this weekend.

 
At 29/6/09 16:57, Blogger Amrita said...

Yummy again and its easy to make, my regret is that we don 't have these berries in India

 
At 29/6/09 19:42, Anonymous Stephanie, Mama Dramatist said...

We are just recovering our yard from the hurricane last year, but I'm planting blueberries and hope by next year to match your canning!

Super YUM, by the way.

 
At 30/6/09 04:43, Anonymous Kila said...

That looks sooooo good!!

 
At 30/6/09 15:42, Blogger ChrisB said...

Stephanie the fruit on my few blueberry bushes are beginning to ripen, can't wait.

 
At 30/6/09 15:42, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy I was not blaming you.

 
At 30/6/09 21:06, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

oh my and such pretty jars..

x

 
At 6/2/14 09:16, Anonymous yves said...

Hi,
I availed myself of a link to your recipe, to illustrate a paragraph on loganberries. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home