Saturday, June 20, 2009

Marley and Me and Dillon makes Three!

Ages ago I sent away for a free little Marley and at the same time I was able to buy the larger one for just £3 which is very reasonable. I suddenly remembered last Wednesday that it was over a month since I placed the order and I hadn't received it. Would you believe it was delivered that day!
It is my intention to put the small one into my shoe box collection (for Romanian children) and the larger one was going to a Christmas appeal for soft toys for Women's Refuges. However now I've seen how cute it is I'm thinking do I want to part with it. I know, come the time, I will happily hand it over. However, in the mean time I can enjoy having a dog about the house again!

Last night my mobile phone rang at 11pm. I rarely get any calls on my mobile in the daytime let alone late at night. It was lucky I was still downstairs or I might have missed the call from my eldest grandson. He was ringing to see if he could come and stay again for a few days (I think with girlfriend). He is very eager to see the "Banksy Exhibition" at Bristol Museum and he'll away when his mum and younger siblings come in August. Although I realise he's not really coming to see us, I'm delighted that we'll get to see him for a few days at the end of the month.
Now I'll have to start planning a menu so Dillon if you see this let me know what meals you fancy!

Archives:
No Archive 2008
2007: Witty Wednesday-10

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 20/6/09 17:11, Blogger Unknown said...

Fish'n'chips, kebabs and BBQs!

 
At 20/6/09 17:45, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

Cute dogs - and that is a good idea about saving things throughout the year when you find them cheap....we always participate in "Operation Christmas" where you send shoeboxes filled with stuff to children in poor areas. (South America, AFrica, etc).

 
At 20/6/09 22:11, Blogger ChrisB said...

John I might be wrong but my guess is that curry would be Dillon's first choice.

Karmyn I often add an item to my shopping basket I don't notice an extra item here and there and they soon mount up.

 
At 21/6/09 11:11, Blogger Beccy said...

He'd love that John!

 
At 21/6/09 19:48, Blogger Sandy said...

What a wonderful surprise! Enjoy.

 
At 22/6/09 07:21, Blogger karisma said...

Very cute puppies. And what a lovely idea to buy them for kids who otherwise would go without.

 
At 22/6/09 08:11, Blogger Steffi said...

That´s a great surprise!Cute dogs!

 
At 23/6/09 16:34, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The Marleys are cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home