Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Solstice on Father's Day

Today a lot of people celebrated the Summer Solstice at Stonehenge by watching the sun rise. I did take a peep out of my window just after 5am this morning but it was quite cloudy so I couldn't actually take a picture of the sunrise.
I always look forward to the longest day when it will stay light until around 10pm. It would be lovely to be able to sit outside and watch the sun go down but I have to say it's actually not that warm today and the sun is not even showing itself at the moment. I don't know about you but I get to this time of the year and feel that we haven't yet had that much good weather, I'm sure we were promised a heatwave this year!!!!!

Embee was delighted to get this little anecdotal book and some diabetic mint truffles from Beccy he's just said:
"I will have to have a choc to stave off my hunger" OK I can take a hint and as it's Father's Day I'll let it pass.

I was practising with my photoshop elements this morning after taking a picture of this Himalayan Honeysuckle which is looking very pretty at the moment.


Wishing all Fathers a very Happy Day.

Archives:
2008: No Archive
2007: My Mate + Summer Solstice

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 21/6/09 13:44, Blogger Steffi said...

Stongehenge must be a magical place!I would like visiting it too when I am in England some day in future. My neighbours drive tomorrow to a visit to England (near of Stonehenge)because they lived over 4 years there.

Your Himalayan Honeysuckle are really pretty!
Greetings to Beccy and Happy beginning of summer today!

 
At 21/6/09 20:38, Blogger Pamela said...

I always get a little depressed on summer solstice. I want the days to stay long. I don't want them to get shorter.

Happy FD to our rocking grandpas.

 
At 22/6/09 01:44, Anonymous Karmyn Rh said...

That is a beautiful honeysuckle. I should go out and take a picture of mine blooming - it is incredible this year.

 
At 22/6/09 07:12, Blogger karisma said...

I would love to visit Stonehenge too. Im sure it is a magical place to visit. Wish it was summer here again already. The cold is not much fun (mind you it might not be so bad if it would just stop raining constantly!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home