Thursday, July 23, 2009

Killiney Beach in July

On the last day of my recent trip to visit Beccy and the grandchildren we decided to take a walk on the beach. Even though there was quite a strong breeze it was sunny and warm. The beach was deserted, which is quite unusual, and I think it might have been because it getting towards lunch time. I took this little video of the beach and the family having some fun.

Ben decided on the games, and the boys v girls...the object was to try and get a big enough splash from the stones to get the opponents wet. His second game was a surfboard race with stones being the riders on the pieces of wood. This is good old fashioned fun using imagination and things found on the beach. Better still it cost nothing and was fun! I thought it was a most enjoyable way to spend my last morning with the family.
If you are wondering why I said 'ow' it was the shock of getting wet and if you are also wondering why my grandson was wearing a hat in summer it was to keep his hair straight!

I will be showing you some more pictures of my trip when I have time to process the photos.

Archives:
2008: Witty Wednesday-57 Speech Therapist and Visitor Update
2007: Fun Monday-26

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 23/7/09 23:37, Blogger Beccy said...

I've been laughing but I'm not allowed to say why?

 
At 23/7/09 23:41, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy you have to tell me it's not fair to laugh and keep me guessing. I'm upset.

 
At 24/7/09 09:43, Blogger willowtree said...

Man, those grains of sand are really big!

 
At 24/7/09 11:37, Blogger Beccy said...

Lol WT, there is some coarse sand further up the beach but you have to get in a car to get to a real sandy beach!

 
At 24/7/09 11:37, Blogger Beccy said...

I was laughing at you getting wet and Dillon wearing his hat!

 
At 24/7/09 12:02, Anonymous wendishness said...

I'm glad WT mentioned the 'sand'...saves me a job LOL

Looks like fun though :)

 
At 24/7/09 15:48, Blogger Unknown said...

Looked like fun!

 
At 25/7/09 15:23, Blogger Steffi said...

Really nice video´s!I wish I could live there too!
Greetings to Beccy!
Chris, sorry please I am a little bit quiet - but we are very busy at the moment!I haven´t forget you!Have a great weekend!

 
At 25/7/09 16:45, Blogger ChrisB said...

steffi I've been very busy myself so I know how difficult it is to keep reading all the blogs I enjoy. I still have some of yours to read.

 
At 27/7/09 03:54, Blogger Amrita said...

Ooh this is something.
You took a very good video.

The waves skipping along the shore and the children playing. The balmy atmosphere just oozes out of the screen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home