Friday, August 21, 2009

Soda Bread and Frittata

My first attempt at making soda bread was reasonably successful.

I saw a recipe in the daily paper for a Potato, Spring Onion, Dill and Cheese Frittata but as I didn't have half the ingredients I made my own version and this was the result:


14 oz cookd new potatoes sliced
4 eggs beaten
1 leek finely chopped (or as recipe 4 spring onions)
Few beans cooked and sliced
1 bunch dill roughly chopped(recipe)
25g 1 oz grated cheese

Method:
I didn't actually weigh anything
*potatoes fried until crisp in olive oil
* leeks and beans added to beaten eggs (or onions , dill)
* pour into pan and quickly mix, turn down heat top with grated cheese
*once almost set finish off under grill.

Embee's verdict very good.


Archives:
2008: What Olympic Sport are you
2007: Georgian Bath

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 21/8/09 20:48, Blogger Beccy said...

Bread looks good mum.

 
At 21/8/09 21:28, Blogger Sam said...

So Embee's verdict was very good - but how was the frittata?

 
At 21/8/09 21:33, Anonymous wendishness said...

Yum....sounds tasty! I'm curious about the soda bread too, might go see if I can find a recipe for that.

 
At 21/8/09 21:48, Anonymous Swampy said...

Have you seen Julie & Julia?
Go. Go. Go see it !
Now, please pass the bread and frittata ! I'm hungry.

 
At 22/8/09 17:13, Anonymous Grannymar said...

That sounds tasty! I have time enough to make a Frittata for my evening meal! Thank you.

 
At 23/8/09 06:45, Blogger Pamela said...

oh yum... I love frittata. The best I ever had was in Pioneer Square/Seattle Washington.

But I'd be willing to take a bite of that to give you an honest comparison.

 
At 23/8/09 09:00, Blogger ChrisB said...

Swampy I have just looked at the trailer it looks a good movie.

 
At 23/8/09 09:03, Blogger ChrisB said...

Pamela so now you have given me another place to put on my bucket list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home