Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday is not a day of rest!


I made sure Embee took a bag with him when he went to get the Sunday papers. The rest of the day he spent laying some more paving slabs to give my blueberry plants more room. There are still six more to go down.

He also put the gogi bush (haha I hear you laughing it looks like a few trailing twigs but I assure you it has grown a lot in a year) onto a stand he knocked up from some spare pieces of wood.

You might be wondering if I helped, I bagged up the old turf and generally did some tidying up. It's also my job to paint/treat the stand to help preserve it! Eventually it will be hidden by the branches ...well that's the plan anyway!


Archives:
2008: None
2007: When in Bath do as the Romans did
2006: None

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 27/9/09 22:12, Blogger Jan n Jer said...

I love being busy and doing projects. Never heard of a Gogi bush. Does it get a bloom on it???

 
At 27/9/09 22:16, Blogger ChrisB said...

Jan it will start to bloom and then fruit but it can take several years.

 
At 28/9/09 01:05, Blogger karisma said...

Can't wait to see it when it grows! I am also busy with my garden this weekend. Today I still have about three loads of dirt to move around the back and then I can start planting! Yay! I have big plans for the grassed area! I have decided to lose it and put in MORE herbs! I would like to make a mandala garden!

 
At 28/9/09 18:41, Blogger Beccy said...

You have to wait several years? I hope they're worth the wait.

 
At 1/10/09 22:47, Blogger ChrisB said...

Karisma sounds like you have great plans for your garden.

Beccy I'm no too sure but we will see. It took the blueberries a while to get established.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home