Monday, November 09, 2009

Fun Monday # 142 Another day in my life


When I saw the topic Grace chose for this week, I went back to look at the first time I wrote about my day. This was not long after Fun Monday started, week 9 to be precise. As I read through the post it made me laugh because today was very similar to my Monday way back on March 19th 2007 A day in my life or my life in a day. I lead a very dull, day-to-day existence....

For example, this morning I got up and showered really early, well that is if you call 6am early, remember I am supposed to be retired!

The reason I was getting up earlier than usual was because I had an appointment with my Doctor at 9am and I wasn't too sure how long it would take me to get there given the early morning traffic (if I'd been energetic I could actually have walked there and back as it's only about a 2 mile round trip but I'm lazy and the reason I was going is because I have a problem with my foot and it's painful to walk).

Also before I set out I had to do a few household chores, have breakfast, check my emails and check out my farm and cafe (on Facebook). I was home by 10am, walked to local shop to collect the daily newspaper and then it was coffee time as I listened to a music quiz on the radio.

I then had to drive to the Council Offices in Thornbury to make a delivery, this took me another hour (17 mile round trip), on the way back I went to the bank and Post office for Embee, and then on to the supermarket to do the grocery shop for my mother as well as ours.

Oh just remembered, I deposited some things for recycling in the containers at the supermarket.

I really don't like shopping over the lunch hour, it's far too busy, the queues at the deli and fresh produce counters are long and getting through the checkout takes ages. I finally got home just before 2pm, unpacked the groceries (not my favourite job), my mother likes to do her own and she is so slow, so by the time I made myself some lunch it was 3pm.

I ate my lunch at the computer, then did a bit of tidying up, vacuuming and mopping floors, sorting laundry and it was then time to think about dinner for Embee (actually knowing I had a busy day coming I prepared a pasta dish yesterday). He always comes home from work and is starving.

I try to sit down and watch a couple of 'soaps' on TV around 6pm and my evenings are taken up reading the paper, doing the crossword, a couple of on line quizzes, reading blogs, plurking and facebook. I usually read in bed before settling down and often don't turn the light off until around midnight.

Tomorrow will be a slight variation. I have to take my mother to the hairdressers and then I have to take her clothes shopping, that will be quite an ordeal! Oh and I have to fit in a visit to the local hospital to have an x-ray on my foot. And so it goes on and on...........

yesterday I put the tortoises into their boxes for their winter hibernation and they are now safely on a shelf, in the garage, where they will stay until around the end of February. I think I'd like to hibernate, or better still move to a warm climate until the spring. Instead I have 10 days in the Emerald Isle coming up soon and as I'll be with Beccy and the grandchildren the weather won't matter.

Well that's it for today folks. I'm now off to me bed to read, I'll catch up with you all tomorrow.

Archives:

2008: Armistice Day-Remembrance Sunday
2007: How to survive a heart attack alone
2006: Recycling

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 9/11/09 23:43, Blogger Beccy said...

Looking forward to your visit mum:-)

 
At 10/11/09 01:39, Anonymous Janis said...

You sound like a very busy lady..staying busy is a good thing.

 
At 10/11/09 02:43, Anonymous grace said...

Thanks for playing, I added your name.

 
At 10/11/09 03:17, Blogger karisma said...

Hardly sounds dull, busy more like it!

 
At 10/11/09 04:36, Blogger Jo said...

Oops, I forgot to include my daily visits to my farm and my cafe. Sounds like a nice day, despite the traffic. Retirement won't come soon enough - - assuming it ever comes at all.

 
At 10/11/09 07:55, Blogger Pamela said...

I feel like I haven't been nearly as productive as you.

I didn't even do a fun monday post!

 
At 10/11/09 11:55, Anonymous wendishness said...

You always seem on the go Chris LOL

 
At 10/11/09 13:36, Blogger Faye said...

After retiring I go to great lengths to do all my errands in one trip so don't have to be driving around. Like to stay home. You and I share some care giving responsibilities--for me it's my sister. Agree that shopping for/with another person is an ordeal!

So Fun Monday has been going on since early '07? I never knew. I hope we can continue it although we struggle at times getting hosts and participants. I like the challenge of writing a post based on someone else's topic.

 
At 17/11/09 06:18, Blogger Sam said...

I love you, mum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home