Monday, November 23, 2009

Fun Monday # 144 Thankful


Our hostess this week is Wendishness and she says

I thought we could consider Thanksgiving Day which will be the following Thursday in the USA. Though I know a lot of us aren’t in the US so don’t celebrate this, it might be nice to share some of the things we are thankful for in our lives.

I haven't had much time to prepare a post this week, as I'm in Dublin, but I am thankful for many things in my life.
It will be of no surprise that the most important thing in my life is my family.
I'm so thankful to have a close and loving family who are willing to support each other. Many of you will know that Sam and Fred, flew all the way to Dublin from the USA just to be with us for the weekend. This was arranged by Beccy's husband. I'm very thankful he can cheerfully put with me as a mother-in-law! I'm also thankful to have three wonderful grandchildren who always seem pleased to see me.
I didn't really managed to take a family photo this weekend everything was so hectic but I did take one of the girls together.

I'll try and get round all your posts over the next week or so, but I don't go home until Saturday.


Archives:
2008: Did I do the wrong thing!
2007: Postcard from Stinson Beach
2006: OrganOrganic Recipes ' Little Red Goosberries' Daphne Lambertic recipes

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 23/11/09 15:19, Anonymous Kila said...

Nothing better than a loving family. :) Enjoy yours!

 
At 23/11/09 15:40, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

TG or not, it's good to be thankful, and you have good reasons.

 
At 23/11/09 15:46, Blogger Jan n Jer said...

Awwww the love of family is blessings abound! Enjoy your visit!

 
At 23/11/09 17:41, Blogger Pamela said...

I can see you in your daughter's smile.

I'm sure they thankful for getting that physical reminder of you!!

Hugs to you and your wonderful time with the family!

 
At 23/11/09 17:42, Blogger Pamela said...

that should be daughters' smiles.

 
At 23/11/09 17:44, Blogger wendishness said...

Perfect reason to be thankful, it's a great photo of the girls together! Thanks for finding time to join in this week.

Oh and I don't know if I should take this as a slap in the face but this posts word verification is "sucka" haha is your blog trying to tell me something?

 
At 23/11/09 20:03, Blogger Beccy said...

and we are very lucky to have you as our mum....even when we're playing you at scrabble!

 
At 23/11/09 21:11, Blogger karisma said...

Beautiful girls Chris! Im so happy you got such a lovely surprise and hope you are having the best time! Hugs xoxoxox

 
At 24/11/09 05:45, Blogger Faye said...

Ah, a holiday in Dublin with yyour favorite people. Now tht's something to be thankful for!

 
At 24/11/09 05:48, Blogger Faye said...

Oh dear! Where are the spelling police? Sorry for the typos Chris!

 
At 24/11/09 20:40, Blogger Jill said...

Hope you enjoy your trip and continue to have a lot of things to be thankful for!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home