Thursday, November 12, 2009

My mother loves her new coat

On Tuesday I took my mother shopping to buy a warm jacket for the winter. We did eventually find a warm padded jacket and she decided to wear it out the next day.

It was quite expensive, and when I came downstairs that morning my mother was in a panic because she thought she had spent too much money and as she put it 'be in trouble with the bank'. Everything was fine but I've now tried to convince her to write everything down when she does telephone ordering so that we can keep a record.

Here she is posing for a photo.


I teased her and called her "Michelin Man" do you remember the advert for the tires.


Archives:
2008: Witty Wednesday-72
2007: Fun Monday-41
2006: Oliver

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At 12/11/09 23:33, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

What a lovely lady. And the coat is nice, too. Padded so it looks nice and warm, not so padded that she looks like she's going out into the Arctic.

I'm thinking a bright royal blue scarf and hat with it.

 
At 13/11/09 04:22, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

It looks great - practical, warm and cosy. Love it !

 
At 13/11/09 09:12, Anonymous daffy said...

Wow, she looks warm and funky! Those padded coats are very 'in' at the moment so it's good to see your mum is 'with it' ;o)
She looks superfine!

 
At 13/11/09 09:30, Blogger karisma said...

It looks nice and soft and comfy! Very nice!

 
At 13/11/09 16:21, Blogger Beccy said...

Tell granny she looks all lovely and cosy.

 
At 13/11/09 17:36, Blogger Jettie said...

OOHH she looks so sweet!! and that coat looks so so warm!! And scarf yet indeed!!
I just seem one of those commercials a few days ago for the tire man!!

 
At 14/11/09 02:12, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I remember.

Hope she enjoys it and the bank isn't too upset. :)

 
At 14/11/09 19:38, Blogger Pamela said...

NOT the Michelin man... must too slim and trim!

great buy.

 
At 15/11/09 17:08, Blogger Amrita said...

Mother looks very smart in her new jacket. Its warm too.

Chris, my friends really liked the Westminster brochure you sent me. I have put it on my coffee table so that all can have a look.

 
At 16/11/09 22:41, Blogger ChrisB said...

Ari she has masses of bright scarves so she will be able to dress it up.

Amrita so glad your friends are enjoying the brochure.

 
At 17/11/09 06:19, Blogger Sam said...

granny looks lovely. Please tell her I love her. xxx

 
At 23/11/09 09:56, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

It certainly looks snuggly and your mum looks gorgeous :)

x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home