Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day After!


We spent a very quiet Christmas Day, it did seem very strange sitting down to lunch without Beccy and the family. I had a text from Sam so I know she arrived safely in Fiji.

Now I have a new problem to concentrate on. For the past week I have been storing my vegetable down in my cellar which is fairly cool. I went down to get some today and noticed that the top of a cauliflower, the bottom of a parsnip and an aubergine had been nibbled. I can only think that a rat has somehow managed to get into the cellar.
I've removed everything, but now I'm worried it will creep into the house. I won't be able to get the rodent officer to call until after the holidays. It makes me feel very uncomfortable just thinking about it. I wonder if leaving the lights on would act as a deterrent! I must go and see if google can help me!



Archives:
2008: Sharing some Christmas Day Photos
2007: Boxing Day
2006: Boxing Day Traditions

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 26/12/09 20:10, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The quiet day sounds good. The Rats? Not so much.

 
At 26/12/09 23:53, Blogger karisma said...

I love rats these days, but not free loading ones! LOL! We had a small mouse enter the premises the other day, I then had the funniest dream. Will have to blog about it one day. I called for the neighbours cat to visit and am hoping it scared the mouse away. :-)

 
At 27/12/09 01:03, Blogger Beccy said...

Just think of that lovely lunch with us all sat around the table...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can't wait!!!

 
At 27/12/09 15:43, Blogger Unknown said...

Try a mousetrap. It will get the bugger by its nose, then Embee can dispatch it!

 
At 28/12/09 04:18, Blogger Pamela said...

get a cat. a big one.

 
At 3/1/10 05:33, Blogger Sam said...

we have a rat who lives on our deck.

 
At 3/1/10 21:29, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

Happy New Year and No Rats!!!

 
At 6/1/10 03:13, Blogger Sam said...

is it the year of the rat? I saw three all together on my run yesterday.

 
At 2/1/22 20:13, Anonymous Kevin said...

Very nice bblog you have here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home