Monday, January 25, 2010

Fun Monday # 153 Do I have a favourite room !!!!


Some of you may not have been around at the beginning of Fun Monday back on 22nd January 2007. In fact it wasn't even called that on the first Monday when we all posted the view from our front doors. Who would have believed it would still be running all these years later. It was intended to be an easy show and tell and I think you would agree this has been achieved, even if we have re-visited quite a few topics.

Now for today's task that has been set by Janis who says:

...here is what I dreamed up! The big question is ....What is the favorite room in your home? Tell us why and show us a photo if you can.

I'm not sure I really have a favourite room, well actually that is not true but I'm not showing you a picture as it's my mothers bedroom and it wasn't fit to be photographed. This is a room that overlooks the back of the house, is quiet, and catches the afternoon and evening sun. Originally I planned to use this room as my retreat and a cosy sitting room in winter.

Our sitting room is where I tend to sit and watch TV during the evenings.


I did not tidy up so I apoligise for the room looking messy.

I also spend a lot of time in my dining room at the main computer, (you might have noticed I keep my laptop by my chair in the sitting room!)

No prizes for guessing that I enjoy playing Farmville, Cafe World, Fishville and Lexulous!!!!
When we downsize, I'm hoping to have a conservatory and that would definitely be my favourite room!



Anniversary Links
22/1/07
21/1/08
19/1/09


Archives:
2009: I'm so excited
2008: Fun Monday-51-My Bedside Drawers
2007: Who's the Birthday Girl!

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At 25/1/10 23:35, Anonymous Janis said...

LOL.... I also play farmville n cafe world on FB. Your sitting room looks so bright with all those windows... I think when you can sit in a room with sunlight it gives you a cozy feeling. Thanks for sharing and Happy FM

 
At 25/1/10 23:38, Blogger ChrisB said...

Janis are you looking for a new neighbour??

 
At 25/1/10 23:53, Blogger Sandy said...

I love your sitting room, Chris. All of those windows are just gorgeous! Your chair looks like the perfect place to curl up and read and watch a storm...

 
At 26/1/10 00:32, Blogger Living Life said...

Well Chris, your room does not look messy to me! And I love the sitting room. It looks so inviting and cheery.

 
At 26/1/10 02:34, Blogger Bethany said...

Wow, third anniversary! Wish I had known, I would have done it for old times sake.

 
At 26/1/10 03:14, Blogger Pamela said...

not picked up.. .ha ha... you wanna see not picked up? oh never mind...

Can I bring a book and read in there when i come for a visit :)

 
At 26/1/10 09:33, Anonymous daffy said...

Messy my eye! It looks fab! Nice sized rooms too. THe conservatory in my house is my favourite room... :o)

 
At 26/1/10 15:57, Blogger Jill said...

my new link is up there at jan's now. for some reason only the old one was there

 
At 26/1/10 21:27, Blogger Beccy said...

Now I could show you messy!

 
At 26/1/10 23:43, Blogger willowtree said...

Wow, three years! Hard to believe.

 
At 27/1/10 05:16, Blogger Faye said...

3rd anniversary for Fun Monday? That's great it's been going that long. I enjoy it a lot because of the great bloggers who participate. It's fun to take the topic and work it into something you want to write about.

I love the built in bookcases in your sitting room--and all the natural light. We call this the family or living room in the U.S. Is this also called the "lounge" in England?

Your photo of the old mill is quite lovely. Good eye.

 
At 27/1/10 07:01, Blogger Gattina said...

Very cosy places you show here ! Messy ?? you haven't seen a messy place then. I especially love your sitting room with the big windows !

 
At 30/1/10 12:38, Blogger Barbara said...

Are you planning on downsizing then Chris?

 
At 7/2/10 15:22, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

wow, such a big room and all that light.......gorgeous..

x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home