Wednesday, January 06, 2010

More Snow and more on the way!

A good few inches of snow fell over night. I got up to have a look around 4am and it looked beautiful. By the time I got up at 8am my good neighbour, John, was out clearing the road again.

I had a chat with him when I went to get the papers, and I cleared a pathway out to the front gate. I decided to leave the back, as my blister has only just healed from the last time.

I was supposed to be driving Embee to the clinic for an eye test but the snow had drifted against the gate so my car was stuck in the yard. Another reason for not clearing the snow as I'm not keen on driving in these conditions! Embee re-arranged the appointment for next week, and to be honest I don't think he was that keen on venturing out as he's still recovering from a chest infection and he has a nasty cough.

My little bulbs were beginning to peep out but now they are covered in a cosy white blanket!

Now if it had been like this over Christmas the plant below would have been pretty!


This is a fun time for the children who don't have school but it's less fun for those trying to go to work and for the elderly who are trying to keep warm in sub-zero temperatures. My oil gauge is dropping at an alarming rate so I hope it warms up soon.

Archives:
2009: Snow
2008: Meme-7 things about me
2007: Using up Beef

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 7/1/10 00:46, Anonymous Janis said...

This has been a crazy winter so far this year. Above normal snow fall and below normal temps. We are in the south and its suppose to be warm...but they are even calling for snow here on friday...its been in the 20's at night...Mother nature is being mean to us!

 
At 7/1/10 02:15, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Western Europe is enjoying a real Canadian winter for a little while.

 
At 7/1/10 02:23, Blogger Molly said...

Your pictures are lovely. We are supposed to get a bit of snow in the next fwe days too.

 
At 7/1/10 05:00, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. Looks absolutely lovely - it makes me miss the snow! Hope you're well.

 
At 7/1/10 09:56, Blogger Beccy said...

I've a friend who has run out of oil and the truck can't get through. Makes me glad we've got gas

Your snow is very pretty, ours was more hail and is just ice now and very dangerous.

 
At 7/1/10 11:11, Blogger Amrita said...

That snow looks like icing on a cake.

Happy New Year

 
At 7/1/10 12:31, Blogger FH said...

Happy 2010 Chris. Yeah, something weird going on everywhere these days. We had snow in Texas!!
It's freezing cold here too in NC and we are expecting snow tomorrow as well. I like snow but dread ice and black slush after that.
Good health and good luck for the new year! :)

 
At 7/1/10 15:36, Anonymous storyteller at Small Reflections said...

WOW ... wonderful wintry views! No snow where I live ... but some wonderful sunrises ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 7/1/10 16:59, Blogger Pamela said...

I read a news article that said old folk were burning books to stay warm.

I suppose that was shock journalism at its best.

 
At 7/1/10 17:01, Blogger Pamela said...

as for the snow... it is beautiful in spite of its treachery

 
At 9/1/10 00:34, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

No matter what anyone says - it is always so beautiful when it first comes down (before it gets dirty and dingy and slushy)

 
At 11/1/10 18:16, Blogger Sam said...

i love to see the snow pics x

 
At 13/1/10 03:27, Anonymous Kila said...

I'll just enjoy the snow from your photos. ;) Can't believe you had plants peaking out in January! That doesn't happen in Wisconsin!

 
At 17/1/10 03:08, Blogger Barbara said...

Hmmm it dose look cold Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home