Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tatton Park

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to spend the weekend with friends in Alderly Edge, Cheshire. It was a lovely weekend and the weather was perfect so on the Saturday we visited Tatton Park which, in the 1958, became a National Trust Property.


The house has a very interesting history. You are not allowed to take photos inside the house which is a great shame as it was full of wonderful artifacts.

Above is a view across the park....and below are some of the deer which you see roaming freely.

This is one of the secluded little lakes which is home to some ducks.

The other side of this lake is a Japanese Garden, that is reached via the bridge below.

Another view of the lake surrounding the Japanese Garden.

I was not expecting to see an African Hut in the middle of garden. It was built during the war to remind Maurice Egerton of his estate in Njoro, Kenya.

The gardens are so colourful and all the spring flowers were begining to bloom.

There were plenty of butterflies and bees to be seen...not sure if you can see the one I tried to get in my shot!
I'll save the photos of the kitchen garden for another post.

Archives:
2009: Silent Saturday-end of the day
2008: Meme- Music
2007: Witty Wednesday-8

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At 1/6/10 21:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, it looks like an amazing place! You have taken some terrific photographs too! I will add it to my list of places still to see! Thank you for sharing.

 
At 1/6/10 23:11, Blogger Beccy said...

I hope you visit lots more National Trust properties!!!

 
At 2/6/10 11:54, Blogger Barbara said...

Good to see you back Chris. I can't believe how much Mollie has grown from when you and Beccy first started blogging.

Australia is such a youn country we don't have any of these wonderful old homes to visit.

 
At 2/6/10 18:35, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, stranger! My Mum's cousin was the head gardener at Tatton and his wife was the head cleaner!!

We lived about 5 miles away!

 
At 3/6/10 03:19, Anonymous Kila said...

Beautiful photos, every one. Thank you for sharing :)

 
At 9/6/10 07:24, Blogger Pamela said...

I sure like those pink blossoms.
yes.. the hut seems out of place.

 
At 9/6/10 13:30, Blogger Molly said...

Hello, Chris
Your trip looks pleasant and the pictures are lovely.

I am retired and hope to blog more frequently.

 
At 14/6/10 01:41, Blogger Jettie said...

the deer pictures look like here...but that railing wow!! love it!! Stop over and see our news!! add you to my followers list so I can keep in touch!!I'll be closing the other blog off so click on my name off of this post!!

 
At 18/6/10 14:29, Anonymous ~sWaMpY~ said...

Lovely. Lovely. Lovely.
Miss you my glob-bud !

 
At 27/6/10 17:57, Blogger sallywrites said...

What a beautiful place!

 
At 11/7/10 20:20, Blogger Daisy said...

Lovely! Thank you for sharing the sites with us.

 
At 12/7/10 16:21, Blogger Debbie said...

Beautiful photos. :)

 
At 25/7/10 07:03, Blogger Mariposa said...

The place is beautiful!Thank you for sharing! :)

I'm trying to save Fun Monday and just posted themes 'til end of August. I am inviting you to join Fun Monday again. See you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home