Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 18 Fun Monday = In the kitchen

I don't know if there was anyone suggesting a topic as it is Monday so just decided to do my own thing!
When Pamela commented (in a previous post) on space for storing gadgets, it actually made me take stock of my really messy kitchen. Once upon a time (sounds like I'm about to start a fairy tale!! LOL) it was neat and tidy and gradually I have let it go. When my mother was alive she needed things to be visible and in easy reach, now I don't really have that reason excuse!

So what better day than a Monday to begin a clean sweep...maybe that's going a bit too far but at least I made a start.  I have banished the bread maker, that was supposed to be Embee's toy! Years ago he regularly made bread in it and he said that he was going to do so again when he retired. However, as you've probably guessed it never happened so who would like a bread maker!!

I have managed to rearrange some of my cupboards and found space to store some items but I still haven't got room for all the dried food storage jars. Buying in bulk from the food co-operative is an excellent way to reduce costs but it does create other problems. Jars and tins etc no problem down to the cellar but I can't go up and down the cellar stairs every time I need to use oats, dried fruit, flour or any of the other things in storage containers that I don't want to get damp. Embee would not be happy if he couldn't get easy access to his nuts (cashew) or his dried figs!!

One of my cupboards now looks like this:-
Oh and one more thing what to do with tins of salmon that are outdated!!! Why you make fish cakes of course!!! If you don't hear from me again you will know we've been poisoned!!!!

The potatoes, we grew and the breadcrumbs I made (used up one full container so bit more space available). Here ends my Monday activities!!!! Wonder what everyone is doing today? Could be fun to find out!!!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 18/11/13 15:38, Blogger Unknown said...

Me and my Dad want your fish cakes!!!!! :-P

 
At 19/11/13 00:15, Blogger ChrisB said...

John we're having some tomorrow and I've frozen the rest, wish you lived nearer!!

 
At 20/11/13 16:59, Blogger Pamela said...

I need to do some cleaning in my cupboards too. You know ... a year or so ago I went through the medicine cupboard and found zinc tabs that were over 20 years old

 

Post a Comment

<< Home