Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Motivation.......

............ is making someone happy.

My daughter's really enjoy my loganberry jam so as I had frozen my crop this year and still had some in the freezer from last year I decided that if I thawed them I would have to get myself in jam making mode!

When I combined all the fruit it actually wasn't that much 4lbs 6oz but I knew this would make a few jars. One of the reasons they like this jam is because I do not use the recommended amount of sugar (always put less-guess work) so the jam is slightly tart. I don't know about you but I really do not like the overly-sweet shop bought jam.

mashing the loganberries
One thing I don't like is the messy hob where the boiling jam splatters!
End result
Well it only made seven pots but I'm sure that will make my girls happy!!!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 10/12/13 19:28, Blogger Pamela said...

It looks so good! I made grape jelly. WE have concord grapes on an arbor in the back yard.

 
At 10/12/13 20:00, Blogger ChrisB said...

I'm now thinking it could have been a firmer set. So hoping it will be ok!

 
At 11/12/13 11:40, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good for you. I don't think many people make their own jam any more.

 
At 14/12/13 00:14, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Looks delicious!

 
At 3/1/14 00:18, Blogger Beccy said...

I am very grateful for my one pot. Maybe my jam is too sweet for you?

 
At 3/1/14 00:43, Anonymous chrisb said...

Beccy maybe mine will be too sharp for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home