Sunday, December 08, 2013

Thinking of you today!

Had my mother lived she would have been celebrating her 90th Birthday today.  She loved her cake and always had a slice every day. One year I recall making her a chocolate cake and although she was grateful she said she wished it had been a proper cake (what she meant was a fancy shop bought one).  So the next year that's what she had only to realise that actually home made was best, I think it ended up in the bin.

So today I wish that I could be making a cake for you, mum, and we all miss you.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 8/12/13 13:35, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Such days have a bittersweet feel to them, eh?

Edit: O how I hate trying my best to type in a captcha, a long captcha, only to have it rejected.

 
At 8/12/13 17:33, Blogger Unknown said...

A lovely photo! xx

 
At 9/12/13 00:38, Blogger ChrisB said...

AC and John it's been a sad sort of day. The anniversary of her death is only a couple of weeks away and that will be much worse.

 
At 10/12/13 19:30, Blogger Pamela said...

awwwwww

 
At 3/1/14 00:20, Blogger Beccy said...

:

 
At 3/1/14 00:21, Blogger Beccy said...

:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home