Monday, June 16, 2014

Fun Monday= as a child what did you want to do when you grew up!!



As a child I only ever wanted to do one thing!!!!!!
Well I did dream of becoming a ballet dancer but I wasn't even allowed to go to ballet class, fat children don't dance!!! Adults could be so thoughtless back then. You never know it could have changed my life!!
I also wanted to ride but again that was something I never got to do until I was grown up with children of my own. I thought about being a hairdresser but that was not a serious career move, more a fleeting thought that it would be good to create a glamorous hair style!


The one constant thing from as far back as I can remember was I wanted to be a nurse and yes I did fulfil that ambition and here are a couple of old photos taken back when I was training.

I found one of these old uniforms only last week, it was at the bottom of a chest full of material.

The cape was very good at keeping you warm on cold winter days!

The hospital chefs made Christmas cakes for all the wards and I was lucky enough to have this picture published in the local Evening Post. 




Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 17/6/14 00:22, Blogger Jill said...

absolutely amazing.

 
At 17/6/14 11:54, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

In Dani's dance recitals, there are plenty of large girls who dance, even well into their teens.

 
At 17/6/14 12:46, Blogger Sayre said...

Wow! I absolutely hold nurses in high esteem! So much knowledge coupled with a caring attitude make nurses truly amazing.

I know most TV programs glorify the doctor, but I find shows like "Call the Midwife" so much more interesting. Nurses really get into the nitty gritty!

 
At 29/5/15 15:38, Blogger AfKaP said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 29/5/15 15:39, Blogger AfKaP said...

Wow! You look amazing! I would love to have had a nurse like you in hospital. And I could so wear that cape today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home